Article 1 (Name)
Article 2 (Business registration)
National Tax Service of Republic of Korea 「493-92-00207」
Article 3 (Purpose)
J-Institute aims to contribute to the globalization of local researchers by increasing international visibility into academic achievements of researchers from Northeast Asia.
Article 4 (Office)
The office will be the location of the operators belonging to the Republic of Korea. However, when the need is recognized for the purposes of 「Article 3」 here above, the overseas branches shall be established in Northeast Asian countries to handle the necessary work.
Article 5 (Business)
In order to accomplish the purpose of 「Article 3」 J-Institute conducts the following businesses.
- Publication of journals
- Holding academic research presentations and lectures
- Exchanges and solidarity with academic research institutions
- Other businesses required to accomplish the purpose
Chapter 2 Membership
Article 6 (Qualification)
The members of J-Institute shall be researchers of universities and equivalent research societies who have completed their admission procedures as follows.
- Application for admission
- Payment of membership fees set by J-Institute.
Article 7 (Membership type)
The membership types of J-Institute are as follows.
- 「Lifetime member」 is selected based on the member’s research capabilities and remain eligible for the lifetime
- 「Family member」 is selected based on the member’s research capabilities and remain eligible for the year
Article 8 (Rights)
Members of J-Institute may participate in all journals published by J-Institute.
- International Journal of Crisis & Safety
- Protection Convergence
- International Journal of Martial Arts
- International Journal of Terrorism & National Security
- International Journal of Military Affairs
- International Journal of Human & Disaster
- Public Value
- Robotics & AI Ethics
Chapter 3 Executives
Article 9 (Selection and appointment)
Contribution to the academic growth of journal appoint you as an Board member. The standards are objective, clear.
- Lifetime Member Admission
- Conference Presentation (Once a year)
- Paper Submission (Twice a year)
- Peer Review (4 Times a year)
Article 10 (Types)
The types of the board member are as follows.
- Editorial Advisory Boards
- Managing Editor
- Editorial Review Boards
- Editor in Chief
- Executive Editors
- Associate Editor Boards
- Assistant Editor Boards
Article 11 (Term)
The terms of the executives are as follows.
- The term of office of all executives shall be one year, but may be re-elected.
- The term of an executive shall be from January 1 to the end of that year, and the term of an executive appointed due to vacancies shall be the remaining period of his/her predecessor.
- The term of the editor in chief shall be three years, but may be re-elected.
Article 12 (Pay)
In principle, the executive shall not be paid except for the expenses for the review of manuscripts and papers. However, the actual expenses required for performing the work may be reimbursed, and the provision for payment or reimbursement of these expenses shall be set out separately.
Article 13 (Withdrawal)
If one wishes to leave J-Institute, one can withdraw by submitting a withdrawal form.
Article 14 (Disciplinary action)
J-Institute may take disciplinary action against its member based on 「Research Ethics」.
Chapter 4 Awards
Article 15 (Title)
The awards presented by J-Institute are as follows.
- Academic Excellence Best Article Award
- Academic Excellence Best Processing Award
Article 16 (Purpose)
The awards of J-Institute aim to contribute to the promotion of academic activities and research development by objectively assessing the academic value of researchers based on 「Article 2」 of 「Research Ethics」.
Article 17 (Qualification)
The subjects of the awards are as follows.
- Members of J-Institute
- Authors of papers published by J-Institute after review and assessment
Article 18 (Selection)
The awards presented by the J-Institute are selected by votes from the chairperson of the branch. However, the following provisions shall be met.
- In accordance with 「Article 3」 Purpose
- In accordance with 「Paper Contribution」,「Article Editing」 and 「Research Ethics」
Article 19 (Cycle)
The number of times of the awards are as follows.
- Academic Excellence Best Article Award: 1 article / Journal Publication
- Academic Excellence Best Processing Award: 1 processing / Conference Session
Chapter 5 General Meeting
Article 20 (Division and convening)
The general meeting of J-Institute is divided into regular and extraordinary sessions, which are convened every December by the chairman of J-Institute. An extraordinary session shall be convened in the following cases.
- Requested by one third or more of lifetime members
- Requested by one third or more of all members
Article 21 (Process)
The chairman of J-Institute shall specify the purpose, date, and place of the meeting 10 days before the convening of the general meeting and notify the members in writing.
Article 22 (Voting items)
The General meeting shall vote on the following.
- Revision of the articles of association
- Appointment and dismissal of the operator
- Approval of business plans
- Other important matters
Article 23 (Quorum)
The general meeting shall open with at least one tenth of the members present and shall vote with the approval of a majority of the members present. However, if a member fails to attend the general meeting, he/she may delegate it to the chairman of J-Institute.
Chapter 6 Accounting
Article 24 (Financial resources)
The expenses of J-Institute shall be covered by the following resources.
- Profit from 「Article 5」 Business
- Admission Fee
Article 25 (Fiscal year)
Fiscal year of J-Institute shall be based on January 1st to December 31st every year.
Chapter 7 Executive Office
Article 26 (Purpose)
J-Institute operates the executive office for efficient handling of the branch’s affairs and performs all of its duty according to the decision of its chairman.
Article 27 (Function)
The executive office of the J-Institute may handle business beyond the provisions of the articles of incorporation in order to efficiently process business for the purposes of 「Article 5」 and has the power to make final decisions on all business related to J-Institute.
Article 28 (Work)
The executive office of J-Institute shall be responsible for work related to the following.
- Issuing certificates
- Proofreading manuscripts
- Overseas affairs
Article 1 (Date of enactment)
These articles of association take effect on June 23, 2015. < Enactment>
These articles of association take effect on December 30, 2020. < Amendment>
These articles of association take effect on March 30, 2021. < Amendment>
These articles of association take effect on June 30, 2021. < Amendment>
Contribution to the academic growth of journal appoint you as an Board member.
The standards are objective, clear.
1. Lifetime Member Admission
2. Conference Presentation (Once a year)
3. Paper Submission (Twice a year)
4. Peer Review (4 Times a year)